The boy was born independent...I should have known I was in trouble then. But did I?...no...of course not. As far as kids go, I've been extremely lucky as he is a good little Wombat. It should not have come as a surprise to me at all when he announced he wanted to be a pescetarian. Alright, in reality that's not how it happened, it was more along these lines:
"Mommy, I don't want my chicken"
"Why not?"
"Because I don't"
"Seriously? Let's not go there...again, why not?"
"I don't like it anymore"
Instead of going off my noodle and telling him to eat his dinner and not be difficult...I thought about this for a moment and realized that in the past few months, he's been fighting me, or out right rejecting all meat. However, if there is shrimp, crab or fish on the plate it is inhaled at record speed and then most is stolen off of my plate. Huh...how did this happen?
One enlightening conversation later...I learned that my 4 year old did not want to eat meat and that fish was what he wanted. On his own, he had decided to be a pescetarian (thank you Google for this term).
So, hang on, enjoy the ride as I fly through life with an independent pescetarian...
No comments:
Post a Comment